Decision Maker: Health and Housing
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Chief Executive submitted a report informing members of the implications of the Mobile Homes (Requirement for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020, and to seek approval for the adoption of the Council’s Fit and Proper Person, Determination Policy and Fee Policy in relation to caravan site licensing for residential sites.
Members were reminded that:
· Following a review of the Mobile Homes Act 2013, the Government introduced a new regime under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 called the Fit and Proper Person test.
· The Ribble Valley currently has 27 licensed caravan sites but only two sites that meet the criteria of ‘relevant protected sites’, these being ‘Shireburne’, in Clitheroe and ‘Three Rivers’, in West Bradford.
· When conducting the fit and proper person assessment, a local authority must consider the following points relevant to the application:
- Whether the individual can conduct effective management of the site
- Personal information relating to the applicant (including a criminal record check).
· On receipt of an application the local authority may:
- grant the application unconditionally.
- grant the application subject to conditions.
- reject the application.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
1. Approve the adoption of the proposed Determination Policy set out in Appendix A of the report.
2. Approve the adoption of the proposed Fees Policy set out in Appendix B, of the report and approve the following fees:
- Mobile Homes Fit and Proper Test Application Fee - £261.00.
- Mobile Homes - Site Manager Appointment Costs (costs recovered in full from site owner).
Publication date: 28/10/2021
Date of decision: 28/10/2021
Decided at meeting: 28/10/2021 - Health and Housing