Decision Maker: Policy and Finance
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Director of Resources submitted a report asking committee to consider the allocation of remaining voluntary organisation grants funds for the 2022/23 financial year.
Following the allocation of grants in March 2022 there had been a balance of £22,710 remaining in the budget.
Since then, an approach had been made from the Ribble Valley Citizens Advice Bureau asking for additional financial assistance for them to be able to continue operating beyond December 2022. The Voluntary Organisation Grant working group had considered this request and made several recommendations to Policy and Finance committee.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
1. Agree to award the remaining unallocated funding for this financial year (£22,710) to the RV Citizen’s Advice Bureau as a one-off grant subject to the following conditions:
· That the RVCAB investigate a merger with other providers in the region;
· That the RVCAB investigate additional funding from other bodies;
· That the service provided by the RVCAB continues at the same level through to the end of March 2023;
· That the Council’s policy that no more than 1/3rd of the grant fund will be awarded to any single organisation will continue to apply form the 2023/24 financial year onwards.
2. That a letter be sent to the Manager and Trustees of the RVCAB setting out clearly the conditions of any grant allocation that is approved by this committee.
(Councillor Fletcher returned to the meeting)
Report author: Averil Crowther
Publication date: 03/10/2022
Date of decision: 27/09/2022
Decided at meeting: 27/09/2022 - Policy and Finance