Decision Maker: Community Services
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Director of Resources submitted a report asking members to consider the proposed future capital programme for this Committee, covering the period 2023/24 to 2027/28.
Members were reminded that the Council usually operates a five-year capital programme, but only a three-year capital programme for 2022/23 to 2024/25 was approved last year. This was due to the Council awaiting the outcome of the Government’s fair funding review before committing to setting a longer term five-year capital programme. Committees had however submitted capital scheme bids for 2025/26 to 2026/27 as part of last year’s capital programme review.
This year, the aim is for the Council to return to a five-year capital programme, covering the period 2023/24 to 2027/28. Therefore, Heads of Service were asked to:
· Review the capital schemes already approved for 2023/24 and 2024/25
· Review any previously submitted capital scheme bids for 2025/26 and 2026/27; and
· Submit new capital scheme bids for 2027/28.
The proposed amendments to the previously approved capital programme would increase the capital programme by £64,500.
If all reviewed bids from the 2021 bidding round and those from the 2022 bidding round were approved, this would increase the proposed capital programme by £12,983,200.
If all amendments and bids were to be approved, this would result in a proposed capital programme for 2023/24 to 2027/28 for this Committee of fifty-five schemes, totalling £13,974,000.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
1. Considered and agreed a future capital programme for this Committee’s services for onward recommendation to Policy and Finance Committee for the period 2023/24 to 2027/28, based on the proposals included in this report with the addition of a bandstand in Longridge at an approximate cost of £200,000.
2. Recognise that further capital bids will be submitted to the Policy and Finance Committee by the political groups, which may impact on this Committee.
3. Agreed that officers submit a report to the next meeting of this Committee on the return of the toilets on Berry Lane Longridge to the ownership of RVBC.
Agreed to bring the new feasibility study bid on Ribblesdale Pool forward to 2023/24.
Report author: Averil Crowther
Publication date: 19/01/2023
Date of decision: 10/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 10/01/2023 - Community Services