Decision Maker: Policy and Finance
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Director of Resources submitted a report seeking approval of the 2022/23 revised estimate for this Committee’s Capital Programme.
Members were reminded that:
· Six capital schemes for this Committee’s original estimate budget, totalling £335,480, had been approved by the Policy and Finance Committee and Full Council at their meetings in February 2022 and March 2022 respectively.
· The above included two new schemes for 2022/23 and four scheme budgets that had been moved from the 2021/22 capital programme to the 2022/23 capital programme.
Members were also reminded that in addition to the original estimate budget above, the following budget changes had been made so far in 2022/23:
· One capital scheme was not completed by 31 March 2022 and had unspent budget available at that date.
· The total unspent budget of £7,020, known as slippage, was moved into the 2022/23 capital programme budget, after approval by this Committee in June 2022.
· One additional capital scheme with a budget of £13,500 was approved by this Committee in June 2022.
· As a result of the above, the total approved budget for this Committee’s capital programme of eight schemes would be £356,000. This was set out in Annex 1 to the report.
The report noted that:
·The proposed revised estimate for this Committee’s 2022/23 capital programme was £88,920 for five schemes, which was a reduction of £267,080 from the total approved capital budget.
·It was recommended that budgets on three schemes, totalling £256,600, should be moved to the 2023/24 financial year.
·At the end of December 2022 £81,308 had been spent or committed and that this was 91.4% of the revised estimate capital programme budget for this Committee.
·Of the five schemes in this Committee’s proposed revised capital programme, three schemes are complete and two schemes are expected to be completed in-year.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
1. Approved the 2022/23 revised estimate of £88,920 for this Committee’s capital programme, as set out in Annex 1 to the Report.
2. Approved the move of the following capital scheme budgets from 2022/23 to 2023/24:
· Brookfoot Footbridge, Ribchester – Replacement of Bridge, £110,000.
· ICT Infrastructure Refresh, £116,600.
Network Infrastructure, £30,000.
Report author: Averil Crowther
Publication date: 08/02/2023
Date of decision: 24/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 24/01/2023 - Policy and Finance