Decision Maker: Health and Housing
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Director of Economic Development and Planning submitted a report requesting members to consider a quarterly grant payment to Homewise towards provision of a home improvement service in the borough.
Members were reminded that amongst other things:
· Homewise is a Registered Charity, dedicated to improving the homes and quality of life of older and disabled people.
· They provide advice, support, and assistance to elderly, disabled and vulnerable people.
· Their aim is to help people to remain warm, safe and secure in their home.
The report noted that:
· In 2019 Homewise entered into a Grant Agreement with the Council.
· The agreement was not entered into in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
· A grant payment of £5,760 to Homewise is included in the Council’s annual budget.
· Homewise send an invoice to the Council at the end of each quarter which includes details of the activities undertaken within the Borough during the quarter.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
Subject to completion of a grant agreement, approved payment of a grant for up to £5,760 to Homewise to be paid quarterly following receipt of an invoice.
Publication date: 02/09/2021
Date of decision: 02/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 02/09/2021 - Health and Housing