The Director of Resources submitted a report seeking member approval on proposals to increase this Committee’s fees and charges with effect from 1 April 2022.
The report noted that:
· The proposals were the first stage in the review of this Committee’s budget for the forthcoming 2022/23 financial year.
· Following discussions between financial services, heads of service and budget holders a proposed set of fees and charges for implementation from 1 April 2022 had been produced for this Committee for members to consider.
Most fees proposed were based on applying a 3% inflationary increase and applying rounding up or down as appropriate to minimise any problems with small change.
· Some proposed fees were set on a different basis to a 3% increase. These were Mobile Homes Fit and Proper Person Test fees, the Clitheroe Cemetery Memorial Bench fee and fixed penalty notice charges. These were explained in the report.
RESOLVED THAT COMMMITTEE:
1. Approve the 2022/23 fees and charges proposed for this Committee in Annex 1 of the report, for implementation from 1 April 2022.
2. Approve to change the Clitheroe Cemetery Memorial Bench fee with immediate effect to “At Cost – Materials and Labour”.