633 Capital Programme Review and New Bids 2023/24 to 2027/28 PDF 321 KB
Report of Director of Resources -
The Director of Resources submitted a report asking members to consider the future capital programme for this Committee, covering the period 2023/24 to 2027/28.
Members were reminded that:
· The Council usually operates a five-year capital programme, but only a three-year capital programme for 2022/23 to 2024/25 was approved last year.
This was due to the Council awaiting the outcome of the Government’s fair funding review before committing to setting a longer-term five-year capital programme.
· Committees had however submitted capital scheme bids for 2025/26 to 2026/27 as part of last year’s capital programme review.
· This year, the aim had been to return to a five-year capital programme, covering the period 2023/24 to 2027/28. Therefore, Heads of Service had been asked to review the capital schemes already approved for 2023/24 to 2024/25, review any previously submitted capital scheme bids for 2025/26 to 2026/27; and submit new capital scheme bids for 2027/28.
The report noted that:
· The proposed amendments to the previously approved capital programme would increase the capital programme by £12,720.
· If all reviewed bids from the 2021 bidding round and those from the 2022 bidding round were approved, this would increase the proposed capital programme for this committee by £534,300.
· If all amendments and bids were to be approved, this would result in a proposed capital programme for 2023/24 to 2027/28 for this Committee of fourteen schemes, totalling £753,300.
Members discussed several of the new schemes being proposed.
RESOLVED THAT COMMITTEE:
Considered and proposed a future 5-year capital programme for this Committee’s services of £753,300 for onward recommendation to the Special Policy and Finance Committee meeting for the period 2023/24 to 2027/28, based on:
· The proposals included in the report; and
· Any capital bid suggestions and amendments that members wished to make, of which there were none.